I. Read three short stories from prior students of English 9
II. For each story, answer the following in one to two sentences. Consult the Short Story Elements guide for assistance if necessary:
1) Who is the main character(s)?
2) What is the conflict? Include the type and kind.
3) What was the climax?
4) What did you think of the resolution? Was it effective?
5) Did the story seem believable and “work” within the world its author created?
6) What is this story’s greatest strength. Be as specific as you can.
7) Which Short Story Element seems lacking? What advice would you give to the author to make it a stronger, more enjoyable tale?
III. Write your responses in your homework notebook or type them and bring in a printed copy.